j.c. monterrosa Poems
- Zephyr I burn with flames that lick my soul, A once proud ...
- Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope I was all of maybe five years ...
- More Than Ever More Than Ever
- Looking Glass Rays of sunshine light the streets As people ...
- Heartbeat Hearbeat
- Goodbye Goodbye
- Disconnected Spoken like a silent prayer, your eyes call me...
I used to write poetry more often, but these days lyrics and music have stolen my time. Sometimes I borrow from myself for songs. http: //soundcloud.com/slowdither I work in music for a living as a freelance Latin Grammy-nominated recording engineer and sometime Evil Overlord/producer, but I also love playing on recordings, playing guitar for Slow Dither, Super Hit and The Max, as well as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I burn with flames that lick my soul,
A once proud core doused in malaise,
Lust and knowledge forever clashing,
Melting in the blaze…
Heart and spirit intertwined,
Fueled by passion, loving blind
Hungry words from your tongue drip
My solace found between your lips…
Warm and gentle words caress me,
the stoking breeze of long ago,
heal me now and stop this bleeding,
Fill me with your amber glow…
Crisp in callused winter gray
My waking thoughts slay every dream,
Rouse me with your westward winds,
Save me with your heart sublime, ...