Jack Underwood Poems
- Totem Pole -new- I put an animal on an animal which I put onto the...
- I'm on the boating lake with S... -new- I'm gently rowing and the ...
- SOMETIMES YOUR SADNESS IS A YA... -new- huge, white and expensive, ...
- SALLY AND RINA -new- are talking on the balcony of the student ...
- War the War -new- War the war, the sorry edge of us, because we ...
- The Man with the Blue Guitar -new- His blue guitar is lacquered so ...
- Instead of Bad News about a Pe... -new-
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jack Underwood
I put an animal on an animal
which I put onto the animal I had already stacked
on top of my first animal and stood back
to appraise my work only
it looked much too short despite the number
of animals I had gathered, and I felt tired and silly
and disappointed, slumping to my knees, rocking
back onto my bum, then lying down to stare
into the hoary sky until my eyeballs softened
and I was forced by the consistent light
to close them and listen to the animals taking
a surprisingly long time to disorganize themselves.