jay walter Poems
- On Leaving Please don't tell the garden that I won't be there...
- You Sang For Me On a winter's day When last we spoke, My ...
- The Vigil I in my chair, She among the flowers, As a ...
- The Hardest Time To Say Good-B... The hardest time to say ...
- I'Ll Be There, Too Do not stand at my grave and weep, I ...
- This Day Ends Keep the camp-fire burning just a little ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about jay walter
I'Ll Be There, Too
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I won't be there, I will not sleep.
Where will you find me, what will you do?
You'll carry me always; my heart is in you.
For I am a thousand boys who run,
I am in children, every one.
I am the wind at a sprinter's back,
I'm there by the court, and across the track.
As you step to the line to do your best,
I'll be the pounding in your chest.
I'll be the spirit that drives you on
When the field is dark and the crowds are gone.
Like the coming of Spring or the dawn of day
You can count on me; I'll always ...