Jeevan Bhagwat Poems
- The Song Of Peace Once, you were a pretty bird With the ...
- Phoenix I am getting too old to Write of love, And ...
- Stargazing Tonight the sky is aglow With the fleeting ...
- Tomorrow's Child Come child let me teach you peace for you ...
- Everything Beauty lives in your smile, And joy within your ...
Jeevan Bhagwat is an award winning Canadian poet who lives in Toronto. His work has appeared in many literary journals/websites in Canada and the U.S. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jeevan Bhagwat
The Song Of Peace
Once, you were a pretty bird
With the rainbow's colours in your mouth,
Singing hallelujahs that were heard
From east to west, and north to south.
Once, you soared in the firmament blue
And touched our hearts with brotherly love,
The world was one because of you
Embodied as a white winged dove.
But greed and power made us blind
To the beauty of your radiant light,
We could not ever comfort find
When plagued with enmity and spite.
We locked you in a cage of gold
And threw away the golden key,
Your legacy was bought and sold