Jet Burns Poems
- Love Of Truth When young we have such deep o'er-whelming ...
- Living Silver When rain does fall upon the shadow'd ...
- Bright Green Glass When Death is near and drawing off sweet ...
- Lethe, Darkly O gracious Lethe ~ Innocent sincere! ...
- Ending Of An Age In bleak and woe-befallen sickness ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jet Burns
O gracious Lethe ~ Innocent sincere!
Beauteous child who knows near naught at all;
those specters, save, that dim and chill appear
from out your looking-glass to then appall!
In lonesome thought you conjure a milieu:
of faces, bright as morning with the sun
alighting on the newly forméd dew!
To burn its each and ev'ry clinging tongue,
and leave but extant, shadow'd dregs fear-fraught
with Melancholy hung in awful bane!
The Crystal shatters! ~ Verily unsought
is righteous purity: No, No more Pain!
But humour born of laughing, careless ...