John W. (Coyote) Fox
John W. (Coyote) Fox Poems
- It's Not True So many thoughts have passed this way before, ...
- Two Hearts Beating 2 hearts happy 2 hearts beating 1 heart ...
- Weather Watch Sky's all funky, dark and cloudy, ...
- The Long Tour Found a lot to drink- Found a lot to ...
- Ease My Mind my mind-tell me I'm safe. Free me...hold my ...
- The Wind I am left alone. My thoughts cannot be shared with ...
- No Family Ties No family ties to make me stay, no personal ...
I was young, once, but I keep getting older, or so they tell me. I have been writing since the late sixties (1960's, that is) , and see no reason to stop yet. I read as much as I can and write lyrics, short stories, and stuff that might pass for poetry (rhyming and prose) . I have a number of war related works that I will submit also, and they are as open to scrutiny, and for any comments you may ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John W. (Coyote) Fox
No Family Ties
No family ties to make me stay,
no personal connections.
No links to past times slow me down,
or give pause for reflection.
No clannish feelings do relate;
no kinship claims upon me.
Depart I must, for sanity,
and for all things I hold dearly.
In ages old my forebears lived
in hovels dark and dirty.
An unkempt life, but common so,
and no one lived past thirty.
The landsmen practiced treachery
on one and all surrounding.
No press of force could stave them off;
their blood was in the hounding.
But times do change, and often so, ...