John Whitfield Poems
- These Eyes Are Watching You ... see your words verbal ...
- Through The Eyes Of Esmine 6: 00 p.m. March 09,2011 Black ...
- To My Beloved Inspiration Beacon light syllable sea casting...
- The Web Of You I threw some words together like nets into ...
- “what Do I Want? ” ... you ask Ha! regurgitated
- Free Verse To My Dearest Frien... I admit, I'm over you, but we...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Whitfield
These Eyes Are Watching You
... see your words
verbal manifestation of thoughts
portraits painted with syllables
of sensuous simile and meaningful metaphor
not critic but who assimilates random thoughts
cast about like chaff in the swirling wind
no object of idolatry
no persecuting executioner
no special one from any special land
no name, no face, no special place
ubiquitous with comment or without
just a silent voice that speaks its mind
shadow of your spirit
wisp of your very breath
exhaled for all to breathe
your vigilant sentinal