Jokpeme Joseph Omode
Jokpeme Joseph Omode Poems
- The Transient Nature Of Human ... When I deeply contemplate ...
- Memorial Of Hope The world is weary of its pain, Of selfish...
- The World Is Weary Written 13...
- Blogger's Blog Blogger’s blog Large and most populous blog ...
- Life Must Go On No matter the stance, no matter the deeds No...
- Running From Fear My heart suffers and bears the ...
- Thunderstorm I have been observing; Season unto season, ...
I am a student of history or an historian and also a poet.I am a creative individual that like sharing ideas and information.I am like every other person in the society but the difference between me and every other person is the impact of oneself on the society one lives. My works mirrors the society i work. I am walking towards perfection in order for me to be significant in terms of human awareness I promote.Though the vicissitudes of life has never given me leisure of certainty, it is one thing today and another tomorrow. But in all, my ability to learn from it is the dominant factor that i think I should hold on. The present plays an important role in helping us understand the past. The ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jokpeme Joseph Omode
The Transient Nature Of Human Life
When I deeply contemplate the transient nature of human life,
I realize that, from beginning to end,
life is impermanent like an illusion.
Oh death! Conqueror of man,
Why have you decided
To leave us with untold sufferings and pains?
Why have you decided to leave us
With nothing but tears and sorrow?
You make an end of man;
Great and small,
Rich and poor,
Strong and weak,
Wise and foolish,
Predators and preys alike;
Is the mother earth not tired of swallowing up everything?
When will she give up swallowing up everything?