Joni Moosman Poems
- The Secret Wall In my parent's house there was a wall of ...
- My Falling Star (Dad) I cry I am here, I am here! Beneath ...
- Amber I stare up into the face of the lavender ...
- The Little Calvary Scout The little Calvary Scout
- For My Children Pull back the quilt of the star filled ...
- The Mirror Man You are the mirror man, a hard cold ...
- The Snake Around Your Heart I was so blind to the snake ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Joni Moosman
The Snake Around Your Heart
I was so blind to the snake around your heart.
So child like in the morning light you lay.
I kissed your cheek, hugged you and prayed.
A changeling whispered back love you too.
I placed you on the heart strings of my bow.
Shot you out into the star scattered sky.
Forty-Four days and nights to make the boy a man.
God fought a demon, did it in thirty.
I plucked the string I did my part
I was betrayed by you and the snake around your heart.
You cast unholy, this quest we cannot play.
Childhood dies with all its toys left to fray
In red ...