Karen Honnor Poems
- Nursery Teacher You welcomed me with friendly smile when I ...
- It's Music Time It's Music Time - what shall I do? It's ...
- Millennium Marching forward go the steps of time, Incessant...
- Tate Modern Tate - striking, quite unusual place, Standing ...
- Aftermath Dangerous times we live in now, the world's gone ...
I'm a frustrated poet stuck inside a Primary School teacher! Not that my job isn't worthwhile - the joy of switching kids on to the exciting world of literacy is one I would not want to miss out on. Nowadays, the constraints of the National Curriculum make my task all the more difficult but my love of words, in poems, plays and all great works of literature keep me determined to persevere ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Karen Honnor
You welcomed me with friendly smile when I was only 3,
You took my hand and walked with me around the nursery,
You let me know that you would answer if I should need to call,
You reassured, encouraged me, watched that I didn’t fall,
You saw me grow in confidence and joined in with my play,
You talked to me about my world and heard what I had to say,
You helped me build first friendships, to take turns and learn to share,
You showed me the importance of trying to be fair,
You laughed with me and shared my joy and joined me in a smile,
You comforted and ...