Kevin Scanlon Poems
- Casey Jones' Dream He was born in Missouri when the Civil War...
- Emerald Mound It rises as if to meet the sun god halfway in ...
- Daniel Boone Motel Checked into the Daniel Boone Motel in ...
- Autumn The air is as crisp as ripe apples and the low-lying ...
- Crane Flies Through the open door the clumsy crane flies come...
- Pluto Gets Some Respect Pareidolia has some seeing a dark ...
- The Storm Fickle clouds have had it once again with all the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''Life is an endless problem solving exercise where you try to solve problems both major and minor while experiencing major and minor gains and losses that end with the greatest loss possible.'''Kevin Scanlon
Some take comfort in thinking that we are all doing the best we can, but according to neuroscience we are all doing the ONLY thing we can at every single moment. There's no free will, just the illusio...Kevin Scanlon
Comments about Kevin Scanlon
Casey Jones' Dream
He was born in Missouri when the Civil War was on
And moved to Cayce, Kentucky, as a boy
He was nicknamed for the little railway town
And his wooden train was by far his favorite toy.
Casey Jones' dream was to be a good engineer
To make the iron horse move people and freight
To never be late and face his task without fear
But he never knew he'd wrestle with the cruel hand of fate.
At fifteen he telegraphed for the M&O line
And was driving for the I.C. by twenty-seven
He married and settled down in Jackson, Tennessee
Had three children and thought he ...