Korede Abiodun Poems
- Wet-Crow: God Is There You Last time I prayed; I never knew...
- Sanity Of The Ancient Hunters There he goes To and fro, to ...
- Curses Of The Rich They have all they want But lack, ...
- At Creek In The Silver Spangle... The sun threw its rays ...
- After The Rain The wind was very much rich As much as the ...
- Black (Colour Of The Dark) So, I found it late, My proper ...
- Waste Not Want Not My friend- Richard Cory lacks ...
So yesterday I gave my shoe to an aboki Hausa cobbler to mend two different faults needing attention and he said he'll do it. We never discussed price but I let him go ahead, he smiled generously and I thought he's very handsome and friendly. He must have read my mind as he begins to converse with me almost immediately and I was glad to keep his company while looking at my phone but then he ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Wet-Crow: God Is There You
Last time I prayed;
I never knew what to say,
I went down on my knees
To mount a faith, yes I did.
I went blank, not knowing what to say.
Unlike Pope, should I close my eyes
How much hope do I need to get in line.
O! Buddha, is it self immolation
Maybe I could be different in next re-incarnation
If I could be a fly that'll rather be fine.
Are You there All Seeing
Do You see me on my knees
Been waiting for too long
Could You rush, Good God, hurry up
No religion so far could save me
The Four-Walls is coming
I'm half the man I dreamt ...