Lance Uppercutt Poems
- A Fate Replaced Upon The Plate We the little We the ...
- Winter Every winter I die Every spring I'm born anew But ...
- Thank You Jimmy Page For the trickery with the bow ...
- Friendship Wreck Where does one lose sight of being ...
- Cuddles Or Snuggles No hesitation of claiming this as I am ...
- Trench Of Retreat To see the landscape The ...
- Push Against The Pull To convince one of truth is to convince...
A Delaware born Californian. Living back in this personality devoid wonder. Poets are the few that concern themselves with learning to craft an image through precision of word arrangement...feels good to be amongst you all, MY KIND! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Fate Replaced Upon The Plate
We the little
We the meat
We the metal
No names for our faces
Bitten tongue on their time
Numbers representing our places
Nauseous and angry of a taste so unkind
The constant whip of threat
The controlled employ we need
Held over us to ever remind
We need it more than it needs we
Anxiety is the grip
On prescribed societal dream
Apply grease for the slip
Being preached our effort is of team
Or the sprocket may chip a tooth
Inevitably breaking many more
Revealing a grinding truth
In metal shards covering the floor ...