Len Webster Poems
- Len Webster's 'Childhood Is...... Childhood Is when the ...
- The Chief Executive Speaks he's there grey hair balding on ...
- Books Locked in their minds, hidden behind masks, books ...
- Life-Change he grew old worrying about being old not ...
- Farewell To Oldbury Grammar Sc... Piled high among the ruins...
- On Her 18th. Birthday A kind of poetry in the telling and a ...
- The Visiting Linguist He was judged by the old university to ...
Len Webster says his main claim to fame was becoming the first person ever to be attacked by a monkey in a Smethwick street. The trauma was not enough to prevent him from travelling widely..though he continued to hold a deep grudge against monkeys! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Len Webster
Len Webster's 'Childhood Is...'
when the world to come
is an adventure to be met
running and hiding
peeking around blind corners
hoping you have been followed
ducking and diving
dreaming of being in the best
football team in the world
and scoring the winning goal
in the Cup FInal
being the perfect person
(or not being caught out
when you're not being
the perfect person)
a mass of contradictions
you don't want to unravel
a nice cosy ...