Leorne Adile Poems
- The Perfect Gift To express what I within me felt That words...
- Patience Tell me of patience, good friend Has it at all, any...
- Bare Knuckles I'm bare knuckles, Swinging fast in half ...
- Answer My Call This way and that I get tossed Until my every...
- Fair Thee Well, Zephania Sad news it was, woke me up today, ...
- Will You Grieve? ...And when you hear it said, Dne day, ...
- Now That I Know You More So that I could see you clear, ...
Born in Lira district in Northern, spent the earliest stages of his childhood within the district. Began his studies there at the nursery level, and while still at this level, for he lived with his mother, he had to transfer with her to Kampala where she was to further her studies.for the rest of his education, he kept shifting on from-in this order, Kampala to Lira, then back to Kampala again, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Leorne Adile
The Perfect Gift
To express what I within me felt
That words already said had failed
I sought things materially made
To offer unto thee instead
So I turned to Jewel pieces
(And these were of dearest prices)
'But then, ' methought, 'how useless!
To bejewel a thing already so glamorous'
Then I thought to pluck thee a rose
And from the finest I'd make my choice
Yet would not the essence disappear,
The moment it would start to wither?
And when I thought to sing thee a verse
From the love song I had long rehearsed
Once again I made a halt, for I thought, ...