Lethabo Chabalala Poems
- Almost I now know I dreamed you up one December ago First ...
- Lament There have been no genocides here! There have been ...
- Today On this, another's ordinary summer day My spirit is ...
- Judgement What else lays beneath your soiled sheets girl? ...
- Offer Me Nothing Offer me nothing No pearls or ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lethabo Chabalala
What else lays beneath your soiled sheets girl?
My hand's not steady enough to hold the guillotine girl
But never have I raped my own worth and
Traded friendship in for girth
Congealing the world's prognosis
Numbing daddy's hurt with his ejaculate.
An external flame is what you need so the world will
See your light
Seeking love beyond the willows
That curtain another woman's hurt
Weeping and yet relishing your part in this betrayal
Seeking your worth from without
Hoping in experience's doubt that he would,
When you don't even know what he can save ...