Linda France Poems
- THE LIGHT MIGRANT -new- If a plant grows towards blueness, the ...
- NAMING OF PLANTS -new- Today we have naming of plants. ...
- RADIO SINGAPORE -new- § The words they use: perpetual ...
- BERNARD AND CERINTHE -new- If a flower is always a velvet ...
- POEM WITHOUT BEES -new- A sound like uzz flattens in a sleepy ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Linda France
BERNARD AND CERINTHE
If a flower is always a velvet curtain
onto some peepshow he never opens,
it's a shock to find himself, sheltering
from the storm in a greenhouse,
seduced by a leaf blushing blue
at the tips, begging to be stroked.
He's caught in the unfamiliar ruffle
of knickerbockers or petticoat, a scent
of terror, vanilla musk. If he were
not himself, he'd let his trembling lips
articulate the malleability of wax;
the bruise of bracts, petals, purple
shrimps; seeds plump as buttocks,
tucked out of harm's way, cocos-de-mer