Lionel Fogarty Poems
- Dreamtime The first homo sapiens is we aborigines. The ...
- Burn The Bridges YOU ARE VULNERABLE AS GLASS ARE FALL TO ...
- Gibar Magic A young magic man saw there was no mountains ...
- Love Love ..... walk with me Love ..... waken with me Love ...
- Mad Souls I am a moody Murri my temper as black as me. I am...
- Nightmare Stain our tears in those eyes of ...
- Black Woman She’s native, naked, she’s native and naked She ...
Lionel Fogarty is an Indigenous Australian poet and political activist.
He was born in 1958 at Barambah (now called Cherbourg Aboriginal Reserve) in Queensland where he grew up. He has been involved in Aboriginal activism from his teenage years, mainly in Southern Queensland on issues such as Land Rights, Aboriginal health and deaths in custody. His brother, Daniel Yock died at the hands of police in 1993. His poetry, while in no way dismissable as simply 'political poetry', can be seen as an extension of these activities on another front. Common themes are the maintenance of traditional aboriginal culture and the everyday realities of European occupation. Among the most ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The first homo sapiens is
The different ideas ’bout origins
only you running human like people
This old naturally wise earth
not their scientific knowledge
Brothers million love remains
But savage are there commonly believed
Theory of evolution we developed
things living as original forms of lifes.
Sisters modern human existence
not in there mixed.
Come brief kindly born earth
making scientist naive
the related common ancestors.
WE NOT APES
maps are in your sapiens