Louise Driscoll Poems
- Hold Fast Your Dreams Hold fast your dreams! Within your ...
- The Metal Checks Here is a sack, a gunny sack, A heavy sack ...
- The Highway All day long on the highway The King's fleet ...
- The Second Coming A strange thing the preacher said, And ...
- Harbury All the men of Harbury go down to the sea in ships, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Louise Driscoll
Hold Fast Your Dreams
Hold fast your dreams!
Within your heart
Keep one still, secret spot
Where dreams may go,
And, sheltered so,
May thrive and grow
Where doubt and fear are not.
O keep a place apart,
Within your heart,
For little dreams to go!
Think still of lovely things that are not true.
Let wish and magic work at will in you.
Be sometimes blind to sorrow. Make believe!
Forget the calm that lies
In disillusioned eyes.
Though we all know that we must die,
Yes you and I
May walk like gods and be
Even now at home in immortality.
We see so many ugly...