Mac Wilkey Poems
- A Whirling Wind Uplifts A Leaf A whirling wind uplifts a ...
- A Spaceship Landed Over There A space ship landed over ...
- Pain Has A Face Yes, pain has a face It's not that obscure
- God Knows Who Anonymous Is God knows who anonymous is He ...
- A Preacher Came Up From Georgi... A preacher came up from ...
- Getting Back To The Stable At ... The rancher rode his ...
- Hypocrite Stew I can’t say forgive them ‘cause, Father, they ...
Mac is an electrical engineer with the Tennessee Valley Authority who writes poetry as a sideline. Although he has written poems and short stories since his college days, his outputincreased sharply beginning in 1990 when God seemed to be giving him specific glimpses of life and concepts and characters in the Bible. His first book, God Let Me See the Hedge, was published by lulu.com in September 2004. Other specific poems have been published on various Internet sites including christianpoetry.com where his poems were twice selected by John Evans as the focus for his monthly editorial. Mac is planning to publish a second book to be titled My Dad Never Took Shortcuts in late 2005. The new... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mac Wilkey
A Whirling Wind Uplifts A Leaf
A whirling wind uplifts a leaf
Brings childish laughter midst my grief
And though my sorrow tears at me
There’s also room for Lana’s glee.
Some said, “Don’t take her to the grave”
Why force the young to be so brave
When faced with fate? She seems okay
As long as leaves and winds will play.
And then Grandmother looks our way
I see the wrinkles, grief, and gray
But see the twinkle in her eyes
As she sees Lana’s fingers rise
To catch that leaf that seems to fly
Into my daughter’s hands; I sigh
Her laughter sounds; what can I do
Then I hear...