Mandakranta Sen Poems
- A FOREIGN LAND Wait, before being torn and ripped Let me ...
- THE HEART'S A DISOBEDIENT GIRL The heart's a disobedient ...
- BENEATH THE BALCONY Standing beneath the balcony I'll flirt ...
- DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SWIM? I can stop wearing jeans If you ask...
- WHEN IT'S ONLY YOU I can tell from a man's eyes Whether he ...
- DESOLATE It was just water and more water How long can you ...
- THE FLYING NIGHTDRESS The neighbourhood was talking in its ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mandakranta Sen
BENEATH THE BALCONY
Standing beneath the balcony
I'll flirt with the boys at the bus-stop
Look intimately at some other man
Standing next to you
Take his hand, giggle, say
'I'll see you at the Academy,
You'll go, won't you?'
With a small wave at you
I'll cross the road quickly
Alone, or with someone else
In no hurry at all, in no pain
You've been smoking an indifferent cigarette
For the longest time
The bus-stop has emptied out
The young men have left for the Academy
Whose production tonight, by the way?
Standing beneath the empty balcony
I'm flirting with the ...