Marc Mannheimer Poems
- A Man's Dream A house of stone and glass, built above the ...
- How She Got The Blues I saw a picture of her a year ago, my...
- Some Tears Taste Good Some tears taste like pure, clear ...
- Fumbling my hands all over these words,
- Unrequited Glove He walked the streets watching all of the ...
- Sarasota, Florida Pineapple-topped palm trees line the ...
- Domesticated Green sweet, tiny creatures of leathery skin ...
I am a mental health worker,43, from an upper-middle-class, Republican family. Not the makings of much creatively. But my main weakness is my main strength - I've been mentally ill for twenty years, and I've seen the black sludge at the bottom of the Gutbucket Pond in winter, so there's a little creative fodder there. Still, I generally like to write things that might give the reader a little ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marc Mannheimer
A Man's Dream
of stone and glass,
built above the ocean,
reflects the sunlight
from fifty different points,
Its long, sleek lines
speak of power
He has built this house
It is the fulfilment of his dreams –
his dreams within this dream
(in waking he has not yet conceived of this house,
not even of the idea of being an architect) .
wide-eyed and unbelieving
at his work,
at his craft.
A woman in a low-cut, black