Margie Cronin Poems
- Seven Mysterious Songs I: Belo... ‘I am looking for ...
- Seven Mysterious Songs Vi: Aut... Mountains, valleys, ...
- Seven Mysterious Songs V: Fort...
- Seven Mysterious Songs Iv: Con...
- Seven Mysterious Songs Iii: Sl... Sleep, like peaches fallen...
- Seven Mysterious Songs Ii: Lon... Where am I going with ...
- Lindsay The Persimmon He climbed a persimmon tree And became...
Margie Cronin, who writes under the name MTC Cronin, was born in Merriwa, New South Wales, in 1963, and grew up at Caloundra, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. Following school she went on to the University of Queensland, studying Arts/Law, with a double major in political science. She has also studied at the University of New South Wales, the University of Technology, Sydney, and the University of Sydney. Through most of the 1990s she worked in the field of law, but during this time she also began to establish herself as a poet. More recently, she taught creative writing at the University of Technology, Sydney, and worked on a doctoral thesis exploring the intersections of law and literature.... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Margie Cronin
Seven Mysterious Songs I: Belonging
‘I am looking for sunlight’
I saw your world begin
A night of dawns
Time kept coming round to that
Our reception of the light
The silence of the sun
As it crept spectacularly
When I saw how it revealed you
My own paths curved
To find the circle
They had once been
Words here are simply sighs
The hums and satisfactions of animals
Click in the back of my throat
That might be the cricket or cicada
In Summer ventriloquy
Or the snake becoming new
Over the friendly rock
It has become simple for ...