Mariam de Haan
Mariam de Haan Poems
- Unconventional Love The night sky glitters outside the plane ...
- My English Teacher My English teacher taught me, How the ...
- My True Identity I'm changing. Yes I know my face is the ...
- A Dream I look at Paulo Coelho's blog And I see ten's of ...
- Ebola You never understand the seriousness of a situation ...
- The Crying Angel What angel sits there Hugging a doll With ...
- Colours Of Happiness In this tapestry called life We often ...
Born and raised in Africa, Tanzania and now living in Europe. I have been writing since the age of 13, it's what got me through my teenage years. At the age of 15-16, my English teacher told me to never stop. Now at the age of 18, I am officially introducing myself as a writer. I am stepping out, chasing my dreams and never looking back.
I write about world issues, about what I see, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mariam de Haan
The night sky glitters outside the plane window
I would send you a picture
But things like these are only meant for our eyes.
In that night sky the terrorist told the freedom fighter,
Let me bathe amongst the stars with you
There in the darkness of my heart I’ll wait for you
We’ll dot the word of our Lord in Pali, Arabic, Hebrew and Sanskrit.
I’ll wait for you to lighten this darkness
With your love and co-existence.
But it was too late
The sun blasted into the sky
The way bombs blast the homeland
The terrorist cheated on the freedom fighter with the ...