Mariam de Haan
Mariam de Haan Poems
- My True Identity I'm changing. Yes I know my face is the ...
- My English Teacher My English teacher taught me, How the ...
- Colours Of Happiness In this tapestry called life We often ...
- Apologies To A Prophet I'm sorry, Sorry they call you a ...
- Unconventional Love The night sky glitters outside the plane ...
- A Dream I look at Paulo Coelho's blog And I see ten's of ...
- Ebola You never understand the seriousness of a situation ...
Born and raised in Africa, Tanzania and now living in Europe. I have been writing since the age of 13, it's what got me through my teenage years. At the age of 15-16, my English teacher told me to never stop. Now at the age of 18, I am officially introducing myself as a writer. I am stepping out, chasing my dreams and never looking back.
I write about world issues, about what I see, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mariam de Haan
My True Identity
Yes I know my face is the same
So is my name
And I'm still only partially sane,
But I'm changing.
I found true beauty.
It's always been in front of me
But I guess I was to blind to see.
And I'm happy.
I never understood why they cry when they read the words.
I never understood why a rock meant such worth.
I never understood why they prepare for the worst.
Now look at me.
One chapter and I'm teary.
I stand five times but don't grow weary.
I guess it's because I found me,
My true identity.