Marissa Rodgers Poems
- Shipwrecked What we once had Is forever lost. The distance ...
- Birdie You don't know of which trees I've made my nest, Of ...
- Your Love Like the wind needs the trees to feel its touch as ...
- Soon I Will Fly I'm trying to break out of this cage- To ...
- Part Of Me I let the thorn fester, It had become part of ...
- Truth Unfolding The dusk has been our covering; For many ...
- I'Ll Be Here I'll be here when the rain starts falling, ...
I'm an amateur poet who loves to write. I very much enjoy sweet and sappy, romantic poetry. I'm a Christian and I'm very close to my family so I often write poems that deal with faith, love, and family. I hope you enjoy my poems. Feel free to leave your comments and constructive criticism of my writing! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marissa Rodgers
What we once had
Is forever lost.
The distance between us
That at once seemed mere miles
Is now a great gulf-
An ocean separating us.
We drift further with each wave
Spilling over our souls.
The current carries you closer to the shore
As I flow deeper, deeper into this sea
That we did not create.
We tried to save each other-
I threw a lifeline and you pulled us both under.
Choking, gasping for air we rose from the deep
Just as another wave towed me away.
You reached out for me but the force was too great:
We needed a strength neither of ...