Martin A. Ramos
Martin A. Ramos Poems
- Lineman A simple pleasure composing one good line
- The Fall Of Icarus Icarus fell. The farmer in the field saw
- Near Walden Pond A poet lurked for poems in the woods near ...
- Black Woman black woman woman black sing to me sing to me
- Poem At The Window Tonight the beach is calm, tide pregnant...
- Ratz In The Suflé Der were ratz in the suflé again. My moder...
- Letter To Jane Dear Jane: I thought with all the protests ...
I began writing poetry, and creative
writing in general, one night my freshman year in college. I woke about two in the morning with an
urge to compose a poem-an ode-about some topic
then pre-eminent in the news. I wrote the poem,
about 30 stanzas, in one sitting at fever pitch. Since then I've written poetry and short stories
and have been published in small ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Martin A. Ramos
A simple pleasure
composing one good line
you can get the words
to fall just right
writing three good lines,
how many different ways
to express it?
the sounds in these lines,
when the final syllables