Martin A. Ramos
Martin A. Ramos Poems
- Poem At The Window Tonight the beach is calm, tide pregnant...
- Black Woman black woman woman black sing to me sing to me
- Lineman A simple pleasure composing one good line
- The Seasons, With Sparrows I know the sparrow in the ...
- First Flight Timid as a moth my willing wings embrace the ...
- Solo Beneath my wings, a writer sings. No fear of flying, ...
- The Goblin Goblin, goblin, burning white in what hell are ...
I began writing poetry, and creative
writing in general, one night my freshman year in college. I woke about two in the morning with an
urge to compose a poem-an ode-about some topic
then pre-eminent in the news. I wrote the poem,
about 30 stanzas, in one sitting at fever pitch. Since then I've written poetry and short stories
and have been published in small ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Martin A. Ramos
Poem At The Window
Tonight the beach is calm,
tide pregnant with crabs.
Carib moon out; shadows
frolic outside like
Surf sounds come
soft as silk. No sign
of rain tonight, no tinkling
on the zinc roof or pebbles
pelting the Miami windows.
Just heat, humidity and
that subliminal tug
of salt: seawater.
When I decide to write,
the images of surf will come,
the seaweed smells, the cicada-
the thoughts of day
slipping into night
Then I will write.