Mary Carolyn Davies
Mary Carolyn Davies Poems
- Love Song There is a strong wall about me to protect me: It ...
- The Day Before April The day before April ...
- Dance God's in me when I dance. God, making Spring Out of ...
- Songs Of A Girl I Perhaps, God, planting Eden, Dropped,...
- Cloistered To-night the little girl-nun died. Her hands ...
- Smith, Of The Third Oregon, Di... Autumn in Oregon is wet as ...
- Pine Song Like a young pine May I grow: Only feel But ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
There is a strong wall about me to protect me:
It is built of the words you have said to me.
There are swords about me to keep me safe:
They are the kisses of your lips.
Before me goes a shield to guard me from harm:
It is the shadow of your arms between me and danger.
All the wishes of my mind know your name,
And the white desires of my heart
They are acquainted with you.
The cry of my body for completeness,
That is a cry to you.
My blood beats out your name to me, unceasing, pitiless
Your name, your name.