Mathew Lewis Poems
- (untitled) Suffer the pen That has to write what I say, ...
- A Sonnet Of Insanity (Sonnet #... A moment of insanity, ...
- Angel Eyes Angel eyes are colourblind, On a whim she lost ...
- Alone In My Forest One Day I was walking alone in my forest ...
- Cherries The crimson sun fails to rise On the eastern shore ...
- Fighting Mere Existence A primrose sun hides the greedy ...
- A Tragedy In Four Parts Polly had a heart, She really did, ...
18 years in Joburg.6 years in Cape Town. A mother in Christchurch, a father in Dar es Salaam...Still not sure where or what is home...Which is possibly the overriding theme in my poetry; the search for home. Be that literally or metaphorically, geographically or thematically. I find myself obsessed with the notion of existence and the apparent absurdity of the world in which we all exist. Is the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Suffer the pen
That has to write what I say,
Suffer the words
That have to serve my brain,
Suffer the light
Serving the dark
It seems unworthy
Of this task.
Wounds open and bleeding,
Made worse by the day,
Silence will eat me,
And relish my pain.
All of my deamons
Come back again,
These are the words
That I can not say.