Maurice Harris Poems
- All The Demons And Ghosts You have stolen my 'todays', yet ...
- 'This Too Shall Pass' 'This too shall pass', I repeat this ...
- This Hero (An Ode To The Ameri...
- My Temporary Home </></>I can put up photographs ...
- A Prayer For Self Identity I look in the mirror and am ogled ...
- ...And You Are My Tomorrow Today is tomorow's yesterday, you ...
- I Simply Must I long to be your everything-your only wish ...
I am a Logistics Manager, former USAF and USAFR Civil Engineer Officer, World traveler and all around good guy! I spent a lot of time traveling the world both before and during my Air Force active duty career!
I have lived overseas, but I am back and not going anywhere for a while!
I enjoy reading and writing my own poetry, I have a website with about 450 of my more than more 700 poems! Please let me know if you would like to read any of them and I will make sure that you have the opportunity!
I care more than most for the simpler things in life and I always show as much respect for others as I feel I am due in return!
I have 2 children of my... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
All The Demons And Ghosts
You have stolen my 'todays', yet you shan't steal my tomorrow-
Thought upon your deceitful ruse surely hastens sorrow!
Nary shall there be, for you, a proper penance,
Somehow though, you must come to truth's acceptance!
The only way to take leave of your deceit-
Is to allow for my truth to defeat,
All the Demons and Ghosts
Responsible for your shame, the most!
For if but only, our children's posterity
You owe, at the least, your honesty!
Without such, your downfall you have surely brought,
As is, to tell the truth, is what you ought!