MckennaElsie levitt Poems
- I Miss You I rested your head upon my lap, and I assured ...
- Passion We begin our lives, happy as can be. Get led astray ...
- Runaway. I might be out of my mind, but I'm Insane. Right ...
- Hospitals. The rooms are stale and the sheets sting. The ...
- Fox im falling hard like a crashing plane, nothing left to ...
- A Poem For Samantha its been nine years since you went ...
- Left Me There Leave me in the dust Left me with no ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Miss You
I rested your head upon my lap,
and I assured you
it was all fine.
Then I felt the shiver,
Go up and down your spine.
I told you it was okay,
that you would simply slip away,
that you’d close your eyes,
And the pain would vacate.
You shed your tears,
Afraid of what came next.
I stared in your eyes,
It was time to put your heart to the test.
I held your hand
And said goodbye.
Then just like that, you had died.
The moment it happened, my tears ran dry,
All I could think was “damn fool, don’t cry”
These day have been hard,