Michael. fanniesson Poems
- I’ve Become My Father I look in a mirror and see the old man,...
- The Truth One doesn’t become more beautiful with age. The ...
- Two Years It takes two years to kill yourself, to get to ...
- Death Works For Her. Like a kid standing in line for ice ...
- Another Poem I Can’t Saw The W...
- 39 Street Kosher Chicken Marke... On Fridays the Rabbi ...
- On Killing The Old Man (Part 4... I knew it was over between ...
a thank you to those that read my poems
Michael (Fanniesson) more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Michael. fanniesson
On Killing The Old Man (Part 4)
I knew it was over between Cheryl,
my black girlfriend and me
when I found myself one Sunday afternoon
in some store front
Baptist Church on Dumont Avenue
Brownsville East New York
a no fly zone section of the city
unless you were black back then,
and I had two maybe three tabs of
windowpane in me,
and she shows up with a hat on head
that needed to be killed
if not caged.
I knew it was over between her
and me even if she was by far my
strongest weapon yet in an arsenal
I had be building since the sixth grade
designed to kill ...