Michael Jenkins Poems
- Sequel Morning wakes me, another new day a chance for ...
- My Rebuttal In a month, another birthday will pass; should ...
- Missing Pieces If I could go back and have my way the loved ...
- Not Yet It's been awhile and still haven't spoken feelings ...
- Remnants Of A Soul Scattered, broken, seared traumatized by ...
- The Last Of Me Ambiguous, the mind of one who has seen much ...
- Scars Of War Every morning I wake Often I see my life ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Morning wakes me, another new day
a chance for renewal, for another way to escape my fate.
My senses are heightened, my nerves steeled
awaiting the call of the men
securing my date.
The bandages hurt, but I don't cry
As the minutes pass I merely sigh
at the moment upcoming, it's not too long now
the sweat is increasing across my brow.
The food just sits there, feeling ignored
I look at the plate, silently implore
that I can be released from this ongoing chore.
Alas it's too late, my time's here again
The guys are here, I'm about to be rolled in.