cecelia warner Poems
- Masking The Truth My life was based on masking the truth, ...
- Empty During The Day And Dark ... Creating a small ...
- Broken Family By: Shannah Mackey My family is broken and...
- Little Girl He never saw her tears, He never saw her pain,
- I'Ve Tried To Hate You... I've tried to hate you for ...
- Mixed Emotions So many mixed emotions just want to scream ...
- Our 'Bleeding Hearts' You've planted many flowers for ...
I was born in the Philippines but raised in the United States. I am very happily married and have 4 kids and 1 terrific grandson. My terrific sisters who are Poemhunter members have introduced me to this and trying to help me with the world of computers (obviously I am very computer illiterate! ! !) Please bear with me. Thank you Aurora Wells and Lee Degnan for being the wonderful sisters and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Masking The Truth
My life was based
on masking the truth,
not allowed to express feelings
buried throughout my youth.
'Don't tell others
what goes on behind closed doors, '
still masking the truth
and developing sores.
As time passed,
as time always does,
what was masking the truth,
still is, as it was...
I'm not talking about
telling big or even little white lies,
I'm tallking about masking pain
through silence and lying eyes.
If all this seems too confusing
then try walking in my shoes...
It feels just as confusing
because these ...