Michael John Cook
Michael John Cook Poems
- Your Broken Heart I know your heart has been broken, I ...
- The Cowardly I As I crept along the narrow corridor, Each ...
- What Makes An Angel Of Her? What makes an angel of her? Is ...
- For I Love You Love you, I said Cowardly in its tone Rushed...
- The Wild Running Hare Incarcerated by despair, The wild ...
- The Man On The Bus 'Poor blighter' I muttered presumptuously,...
- Time At The Bar Not in this bottle Now empty and of no ...
I am a blue collar guy from humble beginnings. I always loved English lessons at school and loved writing songs or poems. I have only recently taken it up again and feel so much more complete now that I am doing what I love in my free time. I come from the very cultural and laid back City of a Bristol where there is inspiration all around. I hope you enjoy reading some of my work and eagerly await... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Michael John Cook
Your Broken Heart
I know your heart has been broken,
I witnessed the pain in your eyes,
I was there as you cried for them,
Those images memorised,
My heart broke as yours did again,
As he made his final mistake,
I feared that your heart, barely healed,
Could yet another break take,
I listened to all of your words,
Kept my self in the right frame of mind,
Was the friend you needed me to be,
Hurting inside all that time,
It pained me to see you so lost,
Not the beautiful girl you should be,
I prayed you would find your way,
Never abused the faith you put...