Michael Stephens Poems
- Night And The City Of Broken D... it is night, again, ...
- Poem 69 it seems at times, there’s nothing else to write ...
- Bacchanalia ...supine bodies of naked, sweaty ...
- Zepher ...And so your spirit wanders through the valleys of ...
- Blues In The Night Lights dance across the loft While ...
- City In Dust I am older by a hundred years Or so it seems ...
- Bliss (For Robin) Come, my darling and take my hand Let us ...
Michael Stephens is not a drug addict, alcoholic, bank robber or politian. He is a sometime writer, author of several books published by a major publisher, and a poet. Born in Atlanta, Georgia, he now resides in Ft. Worth, Texas. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Michael Stephens
Night And The City Of Broken Dreams
it is night, again,
insomnia infects my veins;
i wonder through this vacant city of broken dreams
and heartless, desperate schemes.
i find my way to the night before,
to live in the shadow of the one i love.
tonight, no one waits or wants for me:
she is elsewhere, with someone new.
i finger the creases of my shirt and,
write a million poems in my head
while I walk these empty streets full of broken dreams
and naked dread.
i put the memories back together;
this unpredictable city of twisted streets:
a map of our love ...