Night And The City Of Broken Dreams - Poem by Michael Stephens
it is night, again,
insomnia infects my veins;
i wonder through this vacant city of broken dreams
and heartless, desperate schemes.
i find my way to the night before,
to live in the shadow of the one i love.
tonight, no one waits or wants for me:
she is elsewhere, with someone new.
i finger the creases of my shirt and,
write a million poems in my head
while I walk these empty streets full of broken dreams
and naked dread.
i put the memories back together;
this unpredictable city of twisted streets:
a map of our love - the bars where we used to meet
all empty now and silent;
and these streets echo with the bladed screams
of my memories as they burst forth.....
Comments about Night And The City Of Broken Dreams by Michael Stephens
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl