Naveed Khalid Poems
- Ode To Love I I'll not show thee, love, in summer's prime, ...
- Dead Poet's Society I O! give me a heart of such soaring ...
- Cornfield Of ready drawn arrows to count I my reckoning days...
- Femme Fatale Thus, half so ill my distempered brain, doctor's...
- Nightshade Oft I make hallow of a sun around my head, ...
- Last Night Blues Ii Me not much accustomed to such darkly ...
- Song Of A Village Girl I'll not show you the rosy picture of...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Naveed Khalid
Ode To Love I
I'll not show thee, love, in summer's prime,
That by the sun before your eyes,
Hath fled as well in ethereal wings,
What in beauty's look you still behold;
And by a worthier pen is writ alone,
Against time's e'er changing face:
A shadow from the tree of wilderness,
Of May morning in the mellowing year,
Full ripe gourd of some hazel nuts,
Which to my decaying form abides,
The world of your sickening desires,
a bag of bones with two lovers dead;
Oft rich in colour more scope of things abound:
Eternity! shall have no place in heaven,