Nicolas Palacios Poems
- The Candle A candle burns to light my path, But I blow it ...
- I Remember The Ocean Lay my head down now, Put me to rest, ...
- Rorschach Two brothers standing back to back, A sick young ...
- Little Black Bird Mascara running, and her eyes look swelled,...
- The Last Martyr Trapped on the ridge, hollow and alone, A ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nicolas Palacios
Little Black Bird
Mascara running, and her eyes look swelled,
Her teardrops take lives, as far as I can tell,
And she speaks to me,
In the most minute tone of voice,
She beseeches me,
As if I had any other choice,
'Don't let me go, lest I can't fly,
Don't say goodbye...' The little black bird sings,
I look down at her, she looks up at me,
'I haven't clipped your wings! ' I said,
'Fly away from me, please! '
Like Ed and his raven I'm stricken at heart,
Should I throw this bird out,
Or should I tear her apart?
Never more will I look for the black colored ...