Oke Christopher Poems
- Tears Of A Clown The tears of a clown Are shed alone, Each...
- To Astra Shining star on high, Behold the earth, behold you...
- Drifting Lover Once was noted a young man among the youth He...
- Poeima Oft I sit in the shadow of dark nights Sprinkled ...
- Quod Sometimes a wolf, sometimes a panther Sometimes a ...
- Hubris Once, we bore news, News of a new god to lead ...
- Poesis I heard water once covered the Sahara, That its ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Oke Christopher
Tears Of A Clown
The tears of a clown
Are shed alone,
Each teardrop running on its own.
The tears love the dark places lined with stone.
They say life is hard,
Yes, indeed, it is for the child in a man
The child is the joker on the card
And the man right behind wearing deadpan.
The clown’s tears are galled honey,
Hard to get and hard to end.
They laugh at the death of the man’s conscience,
And poke fun at the loss of the child’s innocence.
The tears of the clown reside in the dark,
Spiting him, leaving him hurt and stark.