Olayinka Modupe Oregbemi
Olayinka Modupe Oregbemi Poems
- The End.. (poem inspired by the biblical book of Revelation) ...
- Dearest Wishes.. Let me not feel the coldness of the ...
- Know You Not? (For Koffi Awono... Know you not who you ...
- Arts Paint our eventful past With sleek, masterful bold ...
- Love Illness Love strikes my fragile heart with the force of...
A female writer who lives in Lagos, Nigeria.She draws literary inspiraton from the works of great literati like Williams Shakespeare, Thomas Hardy, Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Maya Angelou, Toni Morrison, Richard Wright etc.. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
(poem inspired by the biblical book of Revelation)
In the end,
Great gloomy sights shall visit the earth
As fiery angels of battle brandish blazing swords,
Piercing the sinning heart
With the bloody feel of revenge!
Stars shall fall into our huts
Like fast dropping rains on thatched roofs.
We shall see sons of the sky
Trumpet judgement with an elephant tusk!
The slave drivers shall visit the land again!
And a randy raunchy harlot shall drive bloody beasts,
Selling strong warriors to merchants for few cowries
Who will ...