Oliver Roberts Poems
- Sun I wait for you in the morning sun the morning sun. Here...
- Breakfast It was already noon but I was awake. You came ...
- First I open my eyes for the first time. For the first ...
- Capture In the darkness a door opened.
- Nowhere Your burst apricot breath, Pillows Smelling like ...
- Bed This bed in the finished morning, white ...
- Concealments I find you waiting in me Sometimes, like ...
Oliver Roberts is a writer based in Johannesburg, South Africa. In 2004, he had an anthology of his poetry, entitled Eros, published in the United Kingdom. The book is available at www.ahstockwell.co.uk more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Oliver Roberts
I wait for you in the morning sun
the morning sun.
Here in the morning sun,
its light burning, burning
setting my hair alight
searing underneath your sleeping eyes.
I’m high up over the sea,
the scent of salt and sex
covering my skin,
the twinkling waves crashing,
below. They know the stories,
the waves carry the stories
we told each other last night,
the narrative of our hands,
your neck spread open
over my mouth
like an alphabet of apricots.
I lean on the balcony,
I move and stretch my legs,