Padma Prasad Devkota
Padma Prasad Devkota Poems
- We Are Fine In Kathmandu we filter our water before we drink ...
- The Crow Free is the sky and free the heart that pounds ...
- On The Banks Of Maribyrnong The air is fresh and ...
- Dr. Faustus When I was idealistic and young, I was Dr. ...
- The Eternal Spark Do old hearts die like embers gold to ...
- What Dies In Spring A seed on fallow ground, a fresh ...
- Swimming The Unknown Depths Swimming has a beginning and an ...
The biography of sensibility should be self-evident in the poems. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Padma Prasad Devkota
We Are Fine In Kathmandu
we filter our water before we drink it
we filter our air before we inhale it
we have yet to learn to filter
the news before we swallow it,
the leaders' promise before we applaud it,
the friendly neighbour's pat before we discover
how easily we are beguiled.
we have played tall with each other
without seeing how great dwarfs we are.
we have believed in the volume of the demanding voice,
in its commanding tone
but never understood how logic too rules the world.
we have polished and glittered our exterior
but have sounded like hollow ...