Padmanabhan Ananth Poems
- Oh, Nirbhaya! Oh Nirbhaya, have we lost you in vain? Was it...
- Lovelocks Bridge Walking from The Louvre to Musée d' ...
- The Desert Dancer We left our apart-hotel at noon of a hot ...
- Galápagos Tortoise
- Four-Leaf Clover We were friends living in the same ...
- New Year's Cheer What's in a New Year's Day, I did wonder? ...
- Dussera - A Festival Of Dolls Come October - it's time for ...
I've always aspired to be a poet but career interests being away from this, this passion remained unaddressed and even forgotten till recently. Now that it has resurfaced, it's an enjoyable pastime - searching for right poem topic, then creating word strings to make verses and finally uploading a poem that pleases my mind and heart. At the end of a two- or three-hour exercise resulting in ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Oh Nirbhaya, have we lost you in vain?
Was it you to blame to just be a woman?
That you didn't remain home past setting sun?
All you did was board a Delhi city bus
And then you'd to face six-n-half devils
That were evilly strolling for prey on streets
Why pick on you those evil marauders
To pierce you with their rotted organs
And use on you, gosh, even rusted tools!
They threw you on streets to simply shiver
You begged to passers-by for warmth-n-water
When help finally came, your life was on totter.
Reminds me of a drive on a state ...