Patrick Akhudu Poems
- Dream After Dream The long river of dreams Flatters the ...
- Barren Time Seasons brimmed with emptiness, Days languished...
- Father's Word -new- My son, listen carefully I, your ...
- Buy Me A Book -new- May I make a request? Stay at home today, ...
- The Handshake -new- The race was restively run And winner ...
- I Lost Heart Biach, you snuffed my star, Blurred my ...
- Dear Nasaka It's me here, Nasaka, Seeking to know; Did ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Patrick Akhudu
Dream After Dream
The long river of dreams
Flatters the feeder streams,
Hustler's boat drifts along,
His hope for catch is wrong!
Powers of spent spirit dwindle,
Embers of burried anger rekindle;
Failure has triumphed again,
His face a script of pain!
With raped prospects of today,
Resolving to reap another way,
He lights a fire for the night;
Dreams of a morrow without blight.