Patti Williams Poems
- Lou Gehrig's Bat Lou Gehrig was a baseball player, Hitting ...
- Mother's Plight Walking through the ice and snow, Moonlight...
- Timeless The universe draws two spirits together- Two ...
- Skipping Across The Moon Her hair lifting on the wind Sent ...
- Take A Chance Some of us live our lives inside a shell Like ...
- By The Fire She's sitting by a fire watching sparks swirling ...
- Be The Cause Why do we listen when they say it can't be done?...
I've been an artist all my life and just recently started writing poetry. I LOVE art of all kinds and love reading! In 1985 a man attacked me, crushing my skull and raped me. I was declared dead upon my arrival at the hospital and was in a coma for awhile, but when I came out of it, I was determined to live life like I'd never lived before! I believe we waste so much of our lives not doing things ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Patti Williams
Lou Gehrig's Bat
Lou Gehrig was a baseball player,
Hitting baseballs hard and true!
Received kudos from the mayor,
The crowds loved him too!
One day he dropped his baseball cap,
It slipped right out of his hand.
When Lou Gehrig stepped up to bat,
He found he could barely stand.
Most people call it Lou Gehrig's disease,
Some call it A L S.
It has no borders, no sympathies,
It kills whom it decides to caress.
It's caused its share of pain and suffering,
Leaving everyone in the dark.
It's time to pick up Lou Gehrig's old bat,
And knock ALS out of ...