Peter Bakowski Poems
- Regarding Telepathy I’m in more than two minds about it.
- Portrait Of Blood The thin armour you give the newborn,
- Nature Does What Nature Does Either tortoises live long lives...
- Instructions To Horsemen, Krak...
- Men Some worry about going bald, others go bald from ...
- Missing In Action Although she’s mopping the kitchen ...
- Jose Anok, Former Prisoner Of ...
Peter Bakowski is an Australian poet. His poems often use deceptively simple words and images, reminiscent at times of words in a child's picture book, but with some stylistic similarities to the work of writers such as Charles Simic. or Vítězslav Nezval.
Born in Melbourne, to Polish-German immigrants. Bakowski was born premature, with a hole in the heart, he has survived two heart operations. His parents ran a delicatessen, and after completing his secondary schooling he worked in a series of low-paying jobs before opening his own record shop in the early 1980s.
He commenced writing poetry while travelling through Texas in 1983. His early works, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Peter Bakowski
I’m in more than two minds about it.Read the full of Regarding Telepathy