1942 Horses - Poem by Saiom Shriver
raw powerful motion
to shore from the ocean.
Out of the sea of
of World War 2
Poet's Notes about The Poem
to Erica Jong and her grandfather whose huge mural painted this
theme.. and to Jim Warren of jimwarren.com who has
painted majestic horses galloping in water.
This is a metaphor... not meant to imply that these human beings
were born in horse form.
Comments about 1942 Horses by Saiom Shriver
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl