4 Score & 10 - Poem by Gordon David
Please come and sit over here
My life’s run it’s course, that’s all
Don’t be sad, and don’t you cry
Life’s been good, I’ve had a ball
Stay with me, and hold my hand
Be gentle now, not too tight
I just need you here with me
I know this is my last night
I’ve done things I knew were wrong
But do try to understand
I won’t be here tomorrow
So stay here and hold my hand
You can see what’s done is done
Let me go, I have no fight
Feeling tired, I need to sleep
Will you stay with me tonight?
I can’t face this on my own
Will you stay until the end?
I’m so glad that you are here
Can you stay with me my friend?
I feel life draining away
I just want to say goodbye
So sit here with me my love
Until the moment I die………………....
Comments about 4 Score & 10 by Gordon David
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda