A Longing - Poem by Lovingcritters ConSue
It seems in all the years I've lived.....
there has always been a longing
deep inside of me.
A wishing, a yearning, a dreaming,
a heart thirsty.
Looking back without regret, or repining
A heartsickness, melancholia wish for
the betterment in my sagas.
A yearning to seek earnestly, a desire
for beauty and good.
Happy endings if you would?
A fellow feeling for those hurt,
Tenderness of heart for them,
a loving temperance.
A hunger never quite satisfied
Relief, easement, softening, soothing
Craving for long life to repair
the bad into good.
If only I could.
Comments about A Longing by Lovingcritters ConSue
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda