A Man - Poem by Phil Panebianco
I should have seen it all coming
Should have seen the shadows creeping behind
Should have searched the labyrinth a little longer.
Decided the who, what, where, why and when.
And the how?
How this life, this world, caught up with us so fast.
It seems like just yesterday, I was fearless, and nothing or no one could touch me.
Maybe I was just clueless and naive.
A kid who thought he had all the answers.
But maybe I didn't even know the questions.
Now I stand before this world, for all to see.
Now I stand before you, trying to be a man.
Comments about A Man by Phil Panebianco
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl